The Mandal will be known as Shri Dakshin Delhi Gujarati Mandal (Regd.) and will be hereinafter referred to as “MANDAL”.
The office of the Mandal will be situated at 51 B, Vijay Mandal Enclave, New Delhi- 110016 for the time being or at such place as the Executive Committee may decide from time to time.
- Area of Activities
The area of activities of the Mandal will be focused on all colonies and suburbs in New Delhi and Delhi- NCR
- Aims and objects
The aims and objects of the Mandal will be as under:-
- To develop Social, Cultural, Educational & Sports activities and General Advancement of Public Utilities for Society Betterment and Welfare.
- To arrange social gatherings, organize sports and musical programmes, dramas, outings, competitions, meals etc.
- To foster emotional integration by organizing functions of common interest.
- To establish/sponsor and/or run Community Halls, Educational Society and such other institutions as may be decided from time to time by the General Body.
- To provide funds and other facilities for studies and research in Indology or such other subjects as history, literature, philosophy, and to publish books, magazines and other literature on such subjects.
- To establish, manage and maintain Cultural Centers for the advancement of Indian culture, Craft, Music and Painting.
- To provide medical relief and facilities for the public and to establish, manage and maintain dispensaries through person or institution or through medical practitioners or existing hospitals and clinics.
- To establish educational institutions and libraries and to provide financial assistance and other facilities to such institutions and to other existing institutions.
- To establish and run educational institutions including a school or schools for propagation study and advancement of Gujarati language and literature among Gujarati/non-Gujarati speaking people and to construct/acquire/own buildings, equipments, libraries, laboratories, play grounds etc. to fulfill the above objectives;
- To grant Scholarship and Loans, refundable or non-refundable to Students and Scholars for studies in educational technical or research institution in Indian or abroad.
- To affiliate and /or form federation or federations with other existing institutions, Mandals or the like having similar aims and objects within the Union Territory of Delhi.
- To take such action as may be deemed to be necessary in furtherance of one or more of the objects mentioned above.
- To join and co-operate with other similar societies, persons or institutions having similar objects.
- Carry out / support any such activities that ensure adequate water supply to villages and all kinds of assistance in the matters of irrigation. Grant relief and assistance to the needy victims of natural calamities such as famine, earthquake, flood, fire, pestilence, etc., and to provide financial and other assistance to receive such from persons / institutions / establishments engaged in such relief work
- Carry out all such acts which are necessary for the upliftment of the handicapped, impoverished, those in need, and the orphans; to ensure they are able to achieve a maximum possible degree of independence. Undertake acts to help widows, divorced women, and abandoned / neglected women and otherwise needy women.
- Protect and promote Indian cultural values, ideas and customs amongst the people; promote the practice of respecting the ancestors, elders and outstanding citizens of the country. Carry out study of, and research into, social customs, traditions and other cultural aspects of all segments of the societies including adivasies, vanavasies, girivasies and other socially backwards classes.
- The objects incidental or ancillary to the attainment of the above main objects are: The society may do anything lawful that may be necessary in order to support its Objects, including the following:
- To provide, manage, maintain, furnish and fit with all the necessary furniture and other equipments in the buildings and in any other premises which the society may need for its Objects
- To employ and pay adequate compensation to any employees, officers, servants and professional or other adviser for providing assistance in conducting the activities of the society.
- Subject to any consent required by law to raise funds and borrow moneys, invite and receive contributions from anyone through subscriptions.
- Subject to any consent required by law to buy, take on lease, sell lease or otherwise dispose of, hire charge or mortgage or acquire any land or property of any sort.
- To produce, print and publish anything in written, oral, visual or electronic media in furtherance of the objects.
- To invest any money that the society does not immediately need in any investments, securities or properties in accordance with provisions of section 11(5) of the Income Tax Act’1961.
- To enter into any arrangements with any governments, authorities or any person, company or association necessary to promote any of the society’s objects.
- To pay all the expenses and costs of establishing this society.
- To carry out all other lawful acts as are necessary, conducive or incidental to the attainment of the above objectives.